Tuesday 21 May 2019

Editing Tutorial - Custom Transitions for my Promotional Video

After successfully planning and completing new shoots, I knew that as part of my project, I wanted to experiment with different types of custom transitions due to the club wanting to appeal to a younger audience; but also to defer away from the stock transitions on Premiere Pro, as this could make the final production look amateur (unprofessional). Therefore, I decided to look at a Youtube Tutorial to guide me into a new practical skill, that allows me further experience in editing.

The tutorial I looked at is linked below:

The video contains a step by step instructional tool in order to achieve a custom transition pack, I will list these steps below.

1. Download the link full of presets in the description box.
2. Install Presets into Premiere by clicking on the Presets box then right clicking and clicking the 'Import Presets...' option.
3. Click between the clips u want to use for your transition. Use the arrow key on your keyboard and go back the amount of frames the transition requires on the first clip (in the name) and use the razor blade tool to cut that point - do the same for the second clip
4. Create an adjustment layer and drag this onto your timeline, and cut down/stretch to the size of both of the newly cut clips.
5. Add the '0. Base Preset' to both of the newly cut clips.
6. Then add the transition you chose to the adjustment layer.

After practicing this in post production, I found little to no issues in using this for my production, this has allowed my video to look more professional and overall my video editing looks sophisticated.

No comments:

Post a Comment