Wednesday 2 January 2019

SCRIPT FOR PRODUCTION


[NARRATIVE]
INT. BEDROOM, NIGHT (FLASHBACKS CUT IN BETWEEN)

“My Mum and Dad told me growing up that I should always continue to pursue and work to the best of my abilities, to achieve anything I may desire - and not let anything get in the way - The world is your oyster and live your wildest dreams.

I’ve followed this subconsciously throughout my whole life and it has treated me well.
I have some of the greatest friends you could imagine, who support me and provide me with everlasting memories that I cherish deeply, from nights out to spontaneous trips to McDonalds at 10pm in the summer - it makes me so so happy.

I got into my first choice university. i’m the first one to go to uni out of my family and everyone is proud of me. I've become the best version of myself.

But why do I not feel happy?

Nights after nights, pills after pills, an imperceptible mask of the true identity i withhold from the public eye. “This will make you happy” they say, but it’s only a 24 hour fix until i crave more.

I lack in normality, a sensation in which I don’t feel alive, my narrative is blurred, memories are often faded and it’s uncontrollable. What is the world we live in? how is this world made? how long do I have left until pitch black?

I look at myself in the mirror to see a made up image, a construction of myself that I want others to see & I want to be all the time, highlighted blonde hair, concealed spots, all slim fit clothing and branded shoes. This is what I feel comfortable in, nothing daring, a safety net to hide my insercurites which I hide beneath.

I don’t think I’ll ever be fully okay, this is just how I feel. My life feels like I’m slipping into a never ending abyss of darkness. But as long as I appear happy, no one will know - I don’t have to worry about upsetting my family again.”


No comments:

Post a Comment