Wednesday 10 April 2019

INITIAL CLIENT IDEAS FOR PROMOTIONAL - INCLUDING CONTINGENCY IDEAS

Bentley Road Sports and Social Club - Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 5LR.

Bentley Road Sports and Social Club
  - Facebook Page.
Bentley Road Sports & Social Club is a family friendly committee run club which offers two rooms, the bar area and the newly furnished 'Pool Area'. However, due to my father and brother working at the club, I am aware that they are currently in the process of building a kitchen/diner area. I have grew up ideally in the clubs environment for around 10 years now, even celebrating Christmas Day yearly at the club. Alongside this, in my spare time, my Dad has often asked me to make posters and notices for the club in the past, which will be attached alongside this blog post. I feel this would be a great place in order to produce a promotional advertisement as I am familiar with working with the cliental, alongside also being a member. Another reason why I would also like to work with Bentley Road Sports & Social Club is because they lack a promotional video clip to introduce new areas of the club that have recently been renovated. After looking in depth on their facebook page, I have only found one short video which reveals the newly renovated 'Pool Room', from which before was a concert room - the clips just shows a sneak preview with no editing of what the new pool room looks like, I believe this is a disadvantage towards the business as it lacks any drive/reasoning for consumers to use the club - it simply lacks any information on what the club has to offer, which other clubs in the area do have, i.e: 'The Crew', around 0.2 miles away from Bentley Road; which releases posters weekly upon their new acts visiting the club.

If I were to create a promotional video for the club, I would like to focus around the Announcement sub-genre, focusing on the newly renovated pool room, and If renovated in time, the new Diner. I have recently contacted my dad via his work email (to keep the communication Professional rather than personal) to see if he is interested in me producing a promotional clip for the club and to arrange a meeting if so. 

Posters/Notices I have made in the
past for the club.






CONTINGENCY: King Edward VI College - Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 4BE
KECNUNEATON.AC.UK
If the plans fall through, I would like to consider working for King Edward VI College, in order to produce an instructional video on how to use the Photography studio - in the film & media department. As a HNC student who has attended the Film and Media Department now for three years, I believe that the college could benefit from myself producing an instructional video to help promote the colleges facilities. The only obstacles that would hold me back from this is release forms for students that may be featured; furthermore, these would have to be signed by their parents if they are below the age of 18 years. However, to make this as legitimate as possible, I will ask the technicians: Benedict Wilkins and Amelia Horton, for any input they would like as they are currently in control of the studio facilities. I will send my initial email to Christopher Timothy, who is the head of Arts & Humanities, including John Wright, to convey my interest and a proposal for a meeting with ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment