Tuesday 30 April 2019

MEETING WITH CLIENT, OUTCOMES, LOCATION RECEE AND H+S INSPECTION

QUESTIONS AND NOTES FROM MEETING:



After the meeting, Melvin Barlow showed me around the club, alongside introducing me to the new Diner area, which he believes will be ready to be filmed in Mid May, I have stated to him that although It is possible to get this done by the time of the deadline of my production, I may have to resolve into not filming the diner area, as this could interfere with the feedback part of my grade/editing process, leaving me with little time to make any amendments they want me to make.

However, below is the photos of the diner (As of 10th April 2019):




















In regards to filming, I would most likely feature a pan shot of the fully completed diner, to convey the high cleanliness, with the odd shot of food being cooked/presented in a takeaway tray/plate, I will make a penultimate decision on whether we use this room to film, due to the fact it is incomplete as of today - when I go to shoot, if not, I will incorporate the promotion towards the end of the video with a 'sneak preview' - fitting in with the Product Launch genre of Promotional videos. I will create a storyboard to reflect this idea.

I will have to be careful in this room when filming as tools and other equipment are laying around. To prevent this, I will ensure and ask the client to not leave any cables lying around, plug switches turned off and any tools to be put elsewhere than the floor, leaving no obstacles for myself and others to potential trip over from.

The pool room:


The pool room features 6 pool tables, each with standalone light fixtures, this is the main attraction to the club with the facility to hire a pool table for £5 for an hour - alongside public matches through the Bentley Road club pool team. I will ensure to make this the main 'feature' of the final production, through different creative shot types, although the pool tables have been available to public use for over a year now - I will be portraying this as a product launch; I asked Mr Barlow in the meeting if he was okay with this and he said he was, as notably regular customers are only aware of the change - therefore he would like to highlight this to increase footfall for the business.

In regards to Health and Safety, there is minimal worry in this room as it is a big open space, however, in regards to lighting and equipment, I have asked the client to go all normal duties and clean the space before I arrive, so I don't knock over half empty cans from the previous night at the club, as this could land on an electrical appliance or the little bit of concreted floor, which could cause a slipping hazard.

The Bar Lounge/Main Room:

The bar lounge is present as soon you walk into the clubs main entrance, The spacious room features two sitting areas that can accommodate approximately 100 people in total. There is also a singular pool table in this room, which was present before the pool room refurb. Alongside this there is a television and a music system, allowing customers to play their favourite songs whilst enjoying a drink. I will be promoting the family friendly aspect of this room as families can enjoy this space as there is plenty to do to accommodate all. The Bar itself offers various types of alcoholic and soft beverages, alongside snacks such as Pork Scratchings, Crisps and chocolate bars. There is also wifi on the premises, but you will have to ask bar staff for the password - I will be highlighting this in the production but I won't be mentioning that it is 'Free' in case business propositions change in the future.

Health and Safety is a similar case from the bar lounge to the pool room, I have asked the client to go all normal duties and clean the space before I arrive, so I don't knock over half empty cans/glasses from the previous night at the club, as this could land on an electrical appliance or the concreted floor, which could cause a slipping hazard.

To conclude, I believe my meeting with Bentley Road Sports and Social Club looks promising for myself, I have made them aware that although I am producing this for them, I will have to follow guidelines for my own personal grade for HNC - whilst maintaining professionalism and following all aspects of the production seriously, with legalities and accurate information. I have sent the client a following email to ensure we are still okay for the first shoot which is Wednesday 8th May at 2PM, alongside any additional information which could guide me with my post production/editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment