Wednesday 27 February 2019

Mood Boards for 'Blue' and 'Handmade Heaven'

I've decided to narrow down my potential list of songs to 'Blue' - Marina and the Diamonds and 'Handmade Heaven' - Marina. The reason I have done this is that I feel both songs offer two different approaches towards the 'postmodern' approach I am aiming for; I feel Blue can be hybridise the studio performance genre with experimental - using bright colours, where as, I visualise the song 'Handmade Heaven' to use the conceptual approach, with more dull, muted colours - leading to bright, more vivid colours. I feel the songs also are different in terms of their tempo, rhythm and overall instrumentation - compared to some of the other potential songs which can be visualised similarly, due to the lyrics and instrumentation. I am going to include these two songs within my questionnaire to help gain quantative research on which the public prefers and why.


BLUE:




HANDMADE HEAVEN:


No comments:

Post a Comment