Friday 22 March 2019

EVALUATION ON FINAL VIDEO (EDITING PROCESS AND CONCLUSION)

EDITING PROCESS:


I edited my video using Premiere Pro, and decided to screen record 3/4's of the process. The main focus of my video is to key out the white background using the colour key tool, as reflected in my questionnaire, I decided to continue with the clip that I shot in Shoot 1 as a baseline, due to subject being quite nervous in the beginning - almost emulating stage fright when singing Karaoke. The Background Gifs were all sourced from Tumblr after searching for the term 'vaporwave' as "it's essentially digital backgrounds that takes 80s synth classics and slows them down over unique beats and samples"(Davidson, 2016). I also increased the brightness and contrast of the footage used, using the Lumetri Colour tool, to enhance the makeup and facial features - comparable to bright vivid colours of David Bowie. The footage above follows the editing process. I could have been maticulous and used a green or a blue screen to film for my video, however, i purposefully wanted to create that rough edit/halo like effect around the subject - as it emulates the technology advances back in the 1980's. This is also the same reason why I decided to experiment with stock transitions, as in the 80's era of the music video, this resembles the experimentation of the new technology and effects of non-linear editing software.

Evaluation:
Overall, i'm extremely happy with how my final video turned out. I was aiming to follow elements of Andrew Goodwin's theory upon genre in Staged Performance and Conceptual/Experimental, whilst also considering the Diegesis theory from Carol Vernallis. I believe I articulated this well, using a staged performance but incorporating conceptual elements within post production, experimenting with vapourwave style backgrounds and stock transitions. Diegesis is then created also through the memorable backgrounds and transitions that play along to the beat. If i were to change anything, I would most likely incorporate different members, perhaps playing an instrument to add an element of variety. But, I believe that I have created a music video that emulates creativity, throughout various amounts of quantative and qualitative research and thorough planning.


Bibliography:

Joey Davidson, 6th October 2016, [online] - "Make your own aesthetic Vapourwave image whilst you listen to your favourite 80's hit" https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.technobuffalo.com/make-your-own-a-e-s-t-h-e-t-i-c-80s-image-while-you-listen-to-your-vaporwave%3famp

No comments:

Post a Comment